Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wrap Pants!

I sewed myself a pair of wrap pants today! I'll post pictures when Husband gets home so I can actually get a decent picture of them. If you don't know what wrap pants are, they're totally awesome. Basically, you sew the crotch together and then hem everything else and add ties. You tie them around your waist, either in the front or back, then vice versa. They don't close along your legs, but they do overlap so you shouldn't be flashing the world too badly while wearing them. Mine are for home wear for the most part though so I'm not too worried about my tree trucks, er, I mean legs, showing out the sides. To say I'm an inexperienced seamstress would be a vast understatement so my hems aren't the straightest, but they are comfortable. When Husband saw the picture on the tutorial (posted at the bottom) he was all "Damn, Wiff, those are hot. You're making those, yes?" And I was all, "You betcha, Husband, but don't be surprised when mine don't look like those. Or when my legs don't look like that girl's." Then he of course told me how hot I am and how he loves my tree trunk legs. He just didn't say tree trunk legs because he has a brain and he uses it. Most of the time. Apparently, these are sold at Renaissance Faires. Since I'm planning on going to my very first RenFaire this year, that seemed pretty cool. And yes, I'm planning on dressing up as long as I can find a pattern or tutorial on how to make an outfit and I don't screw it up royally.

Here's a linkety link if you want to make some of these awesome pants for yourself, a friend, a significant other, a pet...I don't know. They're really easy and, like I said, really comfortable.

http://craftytutorials.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-to-make-and-wear-wrap-pants.html

I also used this one, although I didn't make a pattern. I just busted out my scissors and hacked away. I did however use the 12 inch/3 inch crotch.

http://indietutes.blogspot.com/2007/08/double-tie-wrap-pants.html



Ok, no picture yet. By the time Husband got home, I'd been wearing the pants all day and the were wrinkled to pieces. I'll take a picture when they make it through the wash. Maybe. It depends on if they need ironing or not. (Update: I'm planning on making more in a more wrinkle resistant fabric. These are great, but very wrinkly.)

He did say he thinks they're sexy. So, WIN. It might be because when I'm sitting they split all they way up to my ass. He does appreciate my ass. He actually likes my legs too, even though they're bigger than I'd like them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment