Friday, June 22, 2012

RIP Coffee pot

I broke my coffee pot this morning. As in, shattered. I'm just immensely glad it was in the sink. I don't know why, but I've always thought coffee pots were fairly indestructible. Yes, it's glass, but I've never broken one and I'm horrifically clumsy. I was washing the stupid thing out this morning, about to brew a fresh pot and just dropped it. Full of hot ass water. I think it wouldn't have broken if it hadn't had water in it. I tried picking it up by the handle thinking at least some of the glass was still intact enough for me to do that without having to pick every single piece of glass out by hand. Wrong. It was just the handle and the little metal band thingy. No glass. So I had to pick out all the sharp glass pieces. I'm really surprised I didn't cut myself. I usually do. I'm also glad none of the chirren were in the kitchen when I dropped it because the first words out of my mouth were "Shit!! You've got to be fucking kidding me."I don't do so hot without my coffee. Hi, my name is Joanna, and I'm a caffeine addict. And if you try to make me stop I WILL CUT YOU. With a piece of my shattered coffee pot. I'm so very glad we have a Keurig (is that spelled right? Meh, whatever, you get my drift) even though Husband hates it because he's a freak. I LOVE my Keurig. I got the little refillable cups for it and I less than three the whole deal. Husband bitches that he doesn't want to have to refill a cup and do all that work to just brew a cup of coffee. Even though 95% of the time, I make his coffee for him. Because I'm a loving and attentive wiff.

That is totally me. Except, envision two small children looking at me with that what-the-hell-is-Mommy-doing expression on their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment