Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dinosaurs!!!!

My mother-in-law and I took the kids to Discover the Dinosaurs today. If you don't know what it is, which I didn't until about Tuesday, it's a bunch of big dinosaur replica type things, sand pits where you can "dig" and "unearth" bones with paintbrushes, and a bunch of other stuff. MIL bought a picture of us screaming in terror at a T-Rex. It's pretty awesome. The girl child got her face painted and it looked SO FUCKING CUTE. There are no word for her cuteness. The boy child insisted he didn't want his face painted until after we were done. Of course. Then they went and played in a ginormous bouncy house that looked fucking fun as shit. The guy that was in there trying to keep all hell from breaking loose had to get onto the boy a few times. Unsurprisingly. The girl had some other older girl carting her around in there a few times. And then we had a major meltdown when the time was up. OH! And I breastfed the babe with him in his sling while we were waiting in line for girl child to get her face painted. I covered because I didn't want everybody to be jealous of these awesome tittays, but I'm still damn proud of myself and my multitasking abilities. We went and ate afterwards at the restaurant Husband works at and it was pretty obvious the kids were tired. Girl kept it together for the most part but boy had to be taken out and given a stern talking to, after a leg pop. He was good after that though, even though he didn't eat much at all. Babe ate a ton of rice and he was pretty good the whole trip. He fell asleep during the feeding (the boob feeding, not the rice feeding) so he got a decent little nap. All in all, it was a good, good day. It's been a while since I've spent much time with MIL and to be honest, I missed her. She's pretty damn awesome. I get to see my Momma tomorrow.






We also saw Darth Vader, R2D2, and 2 Storm Troopers.




No comments:

Post a Comment