Thursday, July 26, 2012

I made a dress.

I made the girl child a dress! And it turned out great! No mess ups whatsoever, except a slight issue with my machine and buttonholes. My machine hates me when it comes to buttonholes. I did 4 test buttonholes on a scrap of fabric. 4!! And yet it still wanted to be a little asshole when I put the actual dress in. Do you know what a pain in the ass it is to rip out buttonhole stitches? Maybe I'm doing it wrong and there's an easier way, if you know one please tell me, but rawr. It was not easy. I got it done though and I must say, it's so cute!! I couldn't find the buttons I really wanted but the ones I found are fine. She loves her new dress and that makes me VERY happy. I'm pretty proud of myself. Here's a picture for your viewing pleasure.

And the links to the tutorial and pattern:
Junebug Dress: Part 1

Junebug Dress: Part 2

Junebug Dress: Part 3

TA-DOW.

Now I'm off to make myself a maxi skirt! Then, perhaps a shirt for a friend and maybe one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment