Saturday, July 7, 2012

I have tampons on my head.

I used up some of my growing pile of scrap fabric to make hair curlers. I don't know how many people use(d) the pink sponge rollers, but I grew up using them. Mama would roll mine and my sister's hair up in them at night, we'd sleep in them, and the next day we would have curls that pretty much stayed. We both have ultra straight, ultra fine hair that doesn't like to hold a curl so this was one way we could get purty curlies. Except sometimes it didn't work out so well. Mama has a picture of me from Easter one year with a BALL of hair on top of my head. I looked like a deranged poodle. Anyway, I made these curlers. They look an awful lot like fabric tampons with buttons on them, but they work!! I made them a little bigger than the pink rollers of my childhood so that should avoid the deranged poodle from Hell look.

Here's a picture of dems.



Ta-dow. I look mildly deranged, but I think that's fitting.

And here's a picture of my hurr the next morning. I'm bleary eyed because I just woke up and I hadn't had even a sip of coffee yet so don't hate.


I also made that shirt I'm wearing by dyeing and chopping up, then sewing back together an xxl men's t shirt. It's really cute but WAY too short. Damn my long torso.

No comments:

Post a Comment